As we age, our bodies change. We may lose muscle mass, our bones may become weaker, and our immune system may not function as well as it used to. That’s why it’s important for seniors to take care of their health and to eat a healthy diet. In addition to a healthy diet, supplements can also be beneficial for seniors.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is important for bone health and for the immune system. Seniors are at risk for vitamin D deficiency, so it’s important to supplement with vitamin D, especially if they don’t get much sun exposure.
- Calcium: Calcium is important for bone health. Seniors need more calcium than the average adult, so it’s important to supplement with calcium if they don’t get enough calcium from their diet.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is important for muscle function, nerve function, and blood pressure regulation. Seniors are at risk for magnesium deficiency, so it’s important to supplement with magnesium if they don’t get enough magnesium from their diet.
- Omega-3 fatty acids: Omega-3 fatty acids are important for heart health, brain health, and joint health. Seniors can benefit from supplementing with omega-3 fatty acids, especially if they don’t eat much fish.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are live bacteria that are beneficial for gut health. Seniors can benefit from supplementing with probiotics, especially if they have digestive problems